Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku no longer sees network

@Fmb6, if you're not in the US you should note that Rokus only support certain Wi-Fi channels - 1 to 11 for 2.4GHz and non-DFS channels for 5GHz (if your Roku supports 5GHz at all).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cmcc

I'm having the same problem. What good is a forum if it only is a "me too" list? Where are the answers from ROKU?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cmcc

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you done to try to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Allison66

I’ve had this tv for less then a year and it says no networks found but lastnight it showed 10. This needs to be fixed . I’ve tried a power restart and a system restart. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Allison66

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post. 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
maxmash
Reel Rookie

@DawOfTheDead
Thanks for the post.
But, The same thing has been happening with my Roku for over a week now. I have the Roku Express+. It is still set up in the same location to the same TV. I have tried rebooting it but that does not seem to do anything.

When I have it scan for network, it pops up with no network found and to try again. Usually my neighbors Wi-Fi shows up too but it has not been. All my other devices are working fine on the Wi-Fi so it must be a problem with the Roku itself. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Regards...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@maxmash 

First try connecting it to a phone hotspot if able. If that works you can see if there's a Roku OS update, and then try to connect to the network again. 

You could also check your wireless router and see what channel it is using for 2.4 GHz. Roku players only work on channels 1-11, and some routers are capable of a higher channel number. If it's set to auto, try manually setting it to channel 6, for example.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Krstegel

Having the same problem for a few weeks. Nothing has worked. Tried updating with hotspot there is no update. Everything in my home is connected to Xfinity except Roku doesn't see it anymore. I've reboot, rescan, reset. Multiple times. It's worthless now. Very strange and frustrating. Soon will have no choice but to move on from Roku.

Debbra

@DawOfTheDead wrote:

Nothing has changed in my home. Same provider, same router, same tv, same roku, same spot- everything else in house is still running fine - all of a sudden, today, Roku cannot find network to connect to. It has worked perfectly for a year and now all of a sudden wont.

DawOfTheDead
Channel Surfer

I have not touched any internet settings , why should I have to check my channel- nothing has chenged except on Roku's side. It worked AS IT IS SET UP, and now, all of sudden they are all just not working anymore