Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku keeps disconnecting from the internet and reconnects

So has anyone been having the problem where they’re TCL Roku tv has been disconnecting and connecting from the internet? Like I if I Wanna use Pandora it plays a song  like normal then it says “not connected to the internet” then I leave the app and my tv isn’t connected to the internet. Is it my tv internet or what?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from the internet and reconnects

@emiliorosas 

Many reports of the RokuTVs losing network connection throughout forum.  Normally after being off for a bit, not usually during streaming though.

Perhaps try changing the wireless channel it is assigned to in router or perhaps use the 2.4ghz band if you are currently using 5ghz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Selle
Reel Rookie

Mine was doing that until Roku did something that stopped it for a couple of weeks and it started doing it again today. It will continue doing that even if you switch to a Firestick for viewing instead. I have to disconnect the power to my Roku 4K stick in order to stop it from doing that. What is going on with it? Do I need to return it?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Selle,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku streaming stick. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

• How many devices do you have connected to your network right now? (e.g., TV, mobile phone, laptop, computer)
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What error message or code are you getting after trying to connect to your network?
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos