Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonLee67

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from Wifi

Yes. Mine did exactly those things beginning roughly two months ago. The problem got worse as time went by and I kept suspecting a bad internet connection. After about 30 days it was getting pretty bad and new things begin happening. Sometimes the Roku stick caused the system to jump out of the channel app and back to the home screen. Sometimes I could go back into the channel and resume my program and other times it took a restart to get things going again. Finally one day it just quit working. Mine was an old "stick" and I noticed it was quite warm, I. assumed a component had failed and got hot in the process. I ended up buying a newer model stick.

0 Kudos
Jlm37
Reel Rookie

It’s now happened to me twice. First time I just replaced it now the new one is doing the same thing after the last update 

0 Kudos
MTurek

My Roku just started to disconnect for the past 2-days. I have rebooted my internet (although everything else in my house has a strong connection), when my roku quits..its not showing up as one of my devices on my internet. I have reset my roku, unplugged all plugs/re-plugged them. Roku had been working fine until 2-days ago. I have the Roku 4K. I watch maybe 1-2 hrs a week of TV….mostly I-heart radio. Definitely not overheated. No red light. And no Roku support available. May need to look at other streaming option other than Roku.

0 Kudos