Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ntjones1484
Channel Surfer

Roku is non responsive loses connection

Everytime I turn on my roku is non responsive for the first few minutes and it happens at random times after.  And it will also loss internet connection randomly too.  I know it's not my internet because other devices are working fine 

Roku streaming stick 4k+ 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku is non responsive loses connection

Is this a Roku TV or a Roku device? A Roku device does not turn on or off. If you have a Roku device you can go into the network settings and uncheck bandwidth saver. Also go into your TV settings and be sure there are no power savings settings enabled. Do you have the Roku plugged straight into the wall outlet? 

0 Kudos
ntjones1484
Channel Surfer

Roku streaming stick 4k+. 

It gets its power from the TV.  I will try turning off the bandwidth saver.  

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You need to plug it into a wall outlet with the included AC adapter. If you cannot then go into your TV settings and look where you might find power saving. What’s happening is your Roku is losing power and going to sleep. Roku’s are designed to stay on all the time 

0 Kudos
ntjones1484
Channel Surfer

I have the same setup upstairs and never had this issue. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Same exact TV? Same exact Roku model? The included instructions that came with your Roku Stick even state to use the AC power adapter. Do that and see what happens 

0 Kudos
ntjones1484
Channel Surfer

Turned of the bandwidth saver and now power is coming from the wall outlet.  I'm still having the same issues.  Remote does not respond when i first turn it on and still loses connection randomly while streaming. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You find turn a Roku on. They are always on. If your Roku Stick is losing your WiFi signal it’s not the Roku Stick. It’s your WiFi. How far away is your Roku to your router and modem? How fast is your Internet? Go to network on your Roku and run a check connection. what does it say for signal strength and speed?

0 Kudos
ntjones1484
Channel Surfer

It's not my wifi, everything else in my house has zero issues.  Thats including the roku I have upstairs. I have a mesh wifi system in the house and I've never had a single connection issue.  The roku is not more tha 15 feet away from my main router. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Run a check connection test. What is your signal strength and speed? It will run a test and give you results. Have you tried the 2.4GHz and the 5.0GHz? If your Roku is losing connection it’s losing connection for a reason. Usually because it has weak Wi-Fi signal and slow speeds. I’m trying to help understand

0 Kudos