Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjunk

Roku(hisense and roku box) stop connecting to wireless

Jump to solution

Hi

i bought two tv's from  costco (hisense)

two of these plus another roku device connected to my older tv stopped working(connecting to wifi) out of the blue.

nothing changed in my wireless settings or my router.

i have tried every thing i could find only(channels/sonus..plus unplug reset ping,disabling 5 2.4, f.reset...) nothing seems to work, it just doesn't seem to connect to wifi.

all devices are up to date with updates.

if i dont get any solution to this thing im dropping both tv's at coscto for refund all my 40 other devices and tv's(not powered by roku) work fine even some very old legacy devices.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rjunk

Re: Roku(hisense and roku box) stop connecting to wireless

Jump to solution

i tried unplugging the extender also that didnt do any good.

BUT i was thinking maybe this isnt pure legacy 2.4/5 issue maybe it just doesnt know how to say its a dhcp problem 🙂

so i disabled my adguard dhcp(pihole just better)which worked no problem up to week+ ago and still works fine for 40+- other devices.. and used the router build-in and made sure there are enough addresses and BOOM these 3 stinking devices connected to wireless without disabling or changing any other feature/options/frequency/compatibility settings on this verizon router.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Do you get any error code or message when you try to connect?  Are you using 2.4 or 5GHz Wi-Fi?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rjunk

Jump to solution

hi

i get the regular 014.50

yes i got both 2.4 and 5 enabled(tried all tweaks in the book with these) nothing was changed on router or settings.

all the other 40+- devices are working fine without issues.

when the problem started(week+ ago) both hisense tv's and the roku box(older one) topped working so its something common to these roku's.

as extra step i connected my older orbi as CAP(didnt change anything defaults) that also used to work fine for the last 1y atleast and it couldnt connect to that wireless either with same error, so that to me means its not my verizon g3100 router+extender its roku specific issue(maybe update or something)

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Man I wish Roku would document exactly what those error codes mean.   Their page giving the various error codes is less than helpful:

How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Is the "extender" part of the router something that can be disabled?  I know Roku devices seem to have issues with extenders and I've seen plenty of posts concerning Orbi and Roku connectivity.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rjunk

Jump to solution

i tried unplugging the extender also that didnt do any good.

BUT i was thinking maybe this isnt pure legacy 2.4/5 issue maybe it just doesnt know how to say its a dhcp problem 🙂

so i disabled my adguard dhcp(pihole just better)which worked no problem up to week+ ago and still works fine for 40+- other devices.. and used the router build-in and made sure there are enough addresses and BOOM these 3 stinking devices connected to wireless without disabling or changing any other feature/options/frequency/compatibility settings on this verizon router.

0 Kudos