Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry you're having trouble with connecting to your home network.

We want to make sure that we can get this resolved as soon as possible. In order to do that, please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device and I'll have our Support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks for your kind understanding about this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rec45
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

Hi,

this issue started on April 25th. There was initially no error message but then I saw I was connected to wifi. When o tried to connect it said it was unable.

I restarted the router multiple times as well as unplugging the roku device.

i have made no changes. Happens on all channels. My ISP is cox communications. The router and roku are right next to each other. I have tried all the suggested steps.

thank you,

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rec45

only other thing i did to fix it i believe i pulled the power plug and the idmi cable and let it sit for half hr. It had only been since their last update that this happened. It is frustrating and seems some of us may be luckier than others at managing to get it to reconnect

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also removed the roku app from my cell phone

0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Could also attempt to connect to a router that isn't yours and put in some obviously password that wont work or hopefully not

then go back to main screen see if yours shows up. I also have my router 6 to 8 feet away from all other devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rec45,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate you for providing the requested info.

Can you please provide the Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)? In addition, we'll like to request for tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, I can pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Only other alternative or 2 

do a reset on the router to factory mode

leave it disconnected or unplugged for 1/2 hr
go to settings on roku ,network , about 

see if there is a wireless mac address

make sure wireless is selected in set up connection

other wise deal with Roku customer support directly maybe they will offer dome sort of replacement.

or as a last resort see if someone elses Roku will connect to your wifi

Or buy another Roku

50 bucks canadian for the 4k 

i have 2 both are less than 1.5 yrs old one is fairly new. 

i would say dont have router right next 

to the roku and reset everything router and roku network reset. I didnt factory reset whole roku unit

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mary,

Here is the information.  Thanks.

Glenn 

Model #  3810X

##Serial  YH00CU333283

Software Version  11.5.0   Build 4312-50

Device ID  21308C333283

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

To clarify;

It's a new issue (the last few weeks) for me.

If I unplug the Roku and my router and let them sit a few minutes, it (usually) reconnects to my home network automatically when they come back up.  Part of what is so frustrating.  Obviously not a long term solution, and frustrating for everyone else, as all other devices are working normally with wifi.

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks.

Roku is 8-10 feet from router.

I have done a system reset and checked software is up-to-date, but maybe a full factory reset is the next (last) thing.

I am working with Roku CS, so I'll see what they say, but maybe I just need to buy the newer one.

Glenn

0 Kudos