Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I've passed along your concerns to our Support team. If you don't hear from them within the next 1-2 business days, please feel free to reach out again and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wwgscott
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku express (>1.5y old) suddenly cannot find my wifi network, nothing fixes it

Jump to solution

There could be another simple but troubling issue with the connectivity

while your Roku is in standby mode or maybe is going to sleep.
Your router could be giving the Roku ip address to another device. 

in return would crash the connection of the Roku coming or trying to come back into the connection. Could possibly make the router not show up in the list as well

i use the Fing application its free to use works on iphone or android.

it will show if there is more than one device with the same wifi ip address

it can happen
Phone with app has to be on the same wifi network. 

0 Kudos
Rec45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue id 9L-470-849

model 3930x - roku expeess

sn: x00400kn0p9L

software: 11.5.0 build 4312-AE

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rec45,

Thanks for the message and for providing your tracker ID.

In addition to the tracker ID, please help us with all the required information we previously requested to proceed further.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rec45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue id 9L-470-849

model 3930x - roku expeess

sn: x00400kn0p9L

software: 11.5.0 build 4312-AE

0 Kudos
Dbutcher56
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sounds like the same thing we're going through. We have 2 remotes and neither of them work. We have done everything it tells us to for troubleshooting, to no avail.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rec45,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

A member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dbutcher56
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, thank you.

0 Kudos
glennh03
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So Roku CS contacted me and this is what they recommended.  I took these steps - let's see if it helps.  My home network was there and I was able to reconnect with no problem.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand your message about the network connectivity issue with your Roku device. 

This reported issue might occur when the Roku device is unable to receive adequate network speed. Refreshing the network setup of the Roku device will help in resolving this issue. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to isolate the issue:

1. Restart the network router
Disconnect the router from the power and connect it back

2. Restart the Roku Tv: Settings->System->Power->System Restart

3. Reset the Roku Tv network settings
Navigate through Settings --> System --> Advanced System Settings --> Network Connection Reset

4. Setup Network
Navigate through Settings -> Network -> Setup Connection -> Wireless Network and look for the network name

5. Update Roku software
Navigate to Settings-->System-->System Update. Select "Check Now" to manually check for updates.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @glennh03,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now! Happy Streaming!

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos