Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanezeugo
Channel Surfer

Roku device's wifi connection suddenly stops working and I still can't get it back to work

My Roku wifi suddenly stopped working and I've applied all the advice of getting it back up and still not working. I've done factory reset, yet not successful. I don't know what to do with this device, I'm so mad with myself for purchasing this product. There's no functional customer support and no telephone number to contact technical support with. It's such a terrible product and I wish they could just let me know what to do with this device.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Roku device's wifi connection suddenly stops working and I still can't get it back to work

what are the steps you had taken so far ?

Can you confirm that at the exact time when your Roku TV's Wi-Fi fails, other devices (talking to wifi) are working okay ? It could very well be the access point.

Additional resources that may help:

0 Kudos
jonathanezeugo
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku device's wifi connection suddenly stops working and I still can't get it back to work

Hello, thanks for responding. I have reset the system and tried severally to have it connect with the WIFI, but it still doesn't work. I have run out of ideas on what to do. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Retired Moderator

Hi @jonathanezeugo,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I apologize for your experience. I can understand how that may be frustrating but not to worry, I will take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network, or does the issue occur when you stream a specific channel? What Roku model device are you using?

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jonathanezeugo
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary,

Sorry for late reply. The error message comes when I try to search for wifi. I had to reset it when it first started and now I can't get it past the wifi connection page. It doesn't even show any wifi from its search and it only connects to wifi.

I hope this explanation helps a bit. It's very frustrating and discouraging for this to be happening.

Let me know what you think.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
jonathanezeugo
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary,

Also I have done what you recommended countless times and it still does not even show any wife network, despite the fact that other devices including my phone see the router that is just next to the ROKU device and other wifi devices in the domain, but the ROKU device sees nothing. That's why it's so puzzling and frustrating. 

The device is at least supposed to be seeing some wifi network, but it doesn't. I need help asap, because my kids use it a whole lot.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jonathanezeugo

Thanks for the follow up posts.

Can you provide more specific details about the issue you are seeing? What Roku model device are you using? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abimolly25

I am having the exact issue and have tried absolutely everything possible but it just will not find my wifi! It used to pick up several but now only picks up the extender which is plugged in across the room but there is just no internet connection being picked up even though my other devices are working perfectly fine on it! If anyone has any suggestions please help!!

0 Kudos
jonathanezeugo
Channel Surfer

Hello Mary,

Thanks again for the response.

The specific issue I experience is that the device does not acknowledge any wifi signal, even when the router is right beside the device. Other devices including the TV connects with the WIFI, yet the ROKU device doesn't. I reset it and it still says not seeing any wifi signal. My router broadcasts with same signal strength as always. I have 2.2 and 5g settings but not a single wifi signal, whether mine nor others' in my domain nor even my hotspot does the roku device see, much unlike previously. I know there's something wrong with the wifi receiver in the device, but I can't figure it out.

I'm sure the device is not working anymore. It comes on and links with the TV, but it's not acknowledging any wifi signal, no matter all the measures I have tried out so far.

Please advise.

Thanks

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

0 Kudos
howrad

My Roku Premiere was working earlier today then stops says  router signal strength is weak  

My old school Roku RCA connectors to old school TV is further from the router and connects fine as well as all the computers which are not on all the time.

the Roku premiere does this all the time, last time it started up. this time No. Can not move router.

Error 014.30 when trying to connect to router, restarted Roku, 

this thing sucks went through all the fixes from videos and on here.  maybe a fire stick instead  

0 Kudos