Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bf423521

Roku can’t find my personal hotspot network after I got a new phone.

I use my personal hotspot on my Apple device to connect to my Roku Express. My hotspot worked perfectly until I upgraded my Apple device to a newer phone. My hotspot will connect to my living room Roku TV but not to my Roku Express. I have tried network resetting, factory reset, and shutting my phone off and turning it back on. Nothing is working and Roku support says they do not offer support for the Roku Express/its problem. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku can’t find my personal hotspot network after I got a new phone.

@Bf423521 

Because the Roku Express is 2.4ghz-only, try verifying that your hotspot connection is using 2.4ghz band, not 5ghz band.  The RokuTV will be able to see both bands, 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  He’s using his iPhone as a hotspot. There is no 2.4 or 5.0 setting in an iPhone when you turn on mobile hotspot. It’s just uses the cellular network.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ello2022 

If you were not always so quick to try and prove others wrong, you might actually learn something.

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2020/11/04/iphone-personal-hotspot-wi-fi-bands-tutorial/

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102