Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin2

Re: Roku Wireless not working with eero router since 2/13/2020

Jump to solution

I just installed Eero (12/20/2020). All of my devices automatically accepted the Eero wifi connection that I created, except my old Roku device on my old tv. (I'm old.) When I check the wifi connection on Roku, the wifi connection is listed as the one from my service provider. The only issue I have with the tv remaining on the old wifi connection is that when I stream certain TuneIn stations, they die away and reboot -- sometimes they return, sometimes I have to manually reboot. Is it worthwhile, smart, and/or a good idea to try to switch the tv to the Eero wifi connection?

0 Kudos
KcLabMom03

Jump to solution

I just replaced my old router with the Eero Pro 6 this weekend. Speeds are fast and internet works great, but three different TVs on Roku Streaming Stick+ have started buffering frequently. I spoke to Spectrum internet customer service, who had me try watching live TV on the spectrum app on my phone. The app on my phone worked fine while my TV with Roku was buffering -- and both get their signal from the same nearby Eero hub. We tried resetting our Roku, as the Spectrum rep and support article recommend, but it has not reduced the frequent buffering. This sounds like a Roku update is needed to keep up with mesh technology.

0 Kudos
g4nguly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I recently set up a new eero mesh and the only device having problems was my Roku stick.  Same symptoms as described here; sometimes worked fine, other times buffering every few minutes and showing low KB download speed.  Since I used the same SSID and password for the eero mesh as I originally had on my previous WiFi router I wiped all network settings on my Roku stick (settings->system->advanced system settings->network connection reset->reset connection) and set up WiFi again after it restarted.  So far, 2 days in, I have not experienced the buffering on the Roku stick again.

Alex_I_Am

Jump to solution

I have an Arris SBG10 Surfboard and both my Roku TV stopped working. I just ordered the SB8200 to see if that helps based on your response. If it does TY in advance.

0 Kudos
KNinAZ

Jump to solution

I had this problem and connected Roku to my mobile hotspot. It worked and ran some updates. I then switched back to WiFi and everything worked normally again. 

0 Kudos
Winke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All three of my Roku have gone dead since I got Oxio eero.  I’ve ripped out all the old cables in this condo I just bought expecting wifi to BE wifi, but info says I may have to cable up again directly to the system?!?  Any suggestions?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Winke

Thanks for the post.

What specific Roku model devices are you using to try to connect to your wireless network? Do you know what frequency you have set on your new router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fromefield

Jump to solution

Tried linking to guest network but both rocky boxes  have dropped out of connectivity to eero - all happened in last three days 

0 Kudos
Fromefield

Jump to solution

Just updated to latest eero 6.5.1 software and boxes connecting again 

0 Kudos
gbhack70

Jump to solution

This resetting of the network solved the connection problem on my Roku TV.

Thank you   g4nguly

0 Kudos