Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
padthai2go
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Wireless not working with eero router since 2/13/2020

Jump to solution

with the eero roku problem, did you replace with the regular fire sticks or 4K? thanks @armstrdj

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My issue turned out to be my modem firmware. I couldn’t get my ISP to upgrade the modem firmware so I replaced the modem and haven’t had an issue with the Roku sticks since then.

padthai2go
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Hmm...which modem was it and how did you figure it out that it was the modem? I have the ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & Others (White). Thanks @armstrdj
0 Kudos
armstrdj
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

6183 is the modem I had. Check the firmware version if it is at the level in the post below that is probably your issue. I couldn’t get my ISP to upgrade it so I got a 6190 and haven’t had any issues.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/209384066-I-have-an-Arris-SB6183-modem-and-I-m-experienci...

0 Kudos
padthai2go
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine is a little different: SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-04-37-NOSH @armstrdj 

0 Kudos
padthai2go
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Update: after hours of time troubleshooting with different customer service reps (eero, roku, youtube tv, arris, and ISP) i ordered a new arris modem (SB8200). Youtube TV worked with my old Apple airport express router and the Arris SB6183. However, I could not get eero, roku, youtube tv to work with the Arris SB6183. YouTube TV works perfectly with eero and Arris SB8200 if anyone has a similar problem. @armstrdj 

SKH1969
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
I am having trouble with my Roku after installing eero too.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Update from 08/2020.

We just had GloFiber Installed and we had an issue getting the Roku Premier+ to connect.

I went into System/AdvancedSetttings/Reset Network Connection

It rebooted and then it would connect to EEOS.

0 Kudos
Calutex

Jump to solution

Yes, same problem. HORRIBLE!!!

EERO. KILLED. ROKU.

The streaming also swings wildly from 183kbps to 2Mbps. Mostly it lingers down around 250-333Mbps. Picture quality is BAD, soft, blurry picture; and that is after painfully slow delays in loadin the streaming channel; and these are popular, mainstream channels.

The above happens on two different ROKU devices. Also, in each test I isolated each device from all others  that it I shut down and turned off all others so I could assure that no other device was hogging bandwidth.

On the other hand I also have an Sharp ROKU-TV and it works fine. It fluctuates between 1-2Mbps; gibes clear signal and no delays. No issues whatsoever.

ERRO tech support was closed for the evening when I called so no support available; now just 8-5 hours. Good excuse to not support their product. This is an EASY product to support remotely by home-based employees. EERO has chosen NOT to support their product and use COVID as an excuse not to.

Wherever the responsibility falls my experience working in the tech industry is that two responsible companies would work “together” to fix this. They haven’t.

And since I can buy a Smart-TV starring at $129 there is no realm to buy a new ROKU device. I’m fed up with ROKU. They offer not telephone support for their product. 

Adios ROKU, you were fairly good-to-mediocre for awhile. You’ve exhausted your years of good will. Zzzzz... kinda like your support and your product. 

Fresh_Mint
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have got my Roku Streambar working fine on eero. I added it not to the main network, as that was problematic both wired and wireless, but to the guest network. I assume since the guest network is kept outside of the normal network security it doesn't have a problem. Can anyone else confirm if this works for them as this should be a suitable fix.

0 Kudos