Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caylapop

Roku Updating Without Wifi

I recently changed my network and of course, all my Roku devices are no longer connected to wifi. I tried to connect it to my new network however, the network name was not coming up. I tried to connect using the private network function but that was not connecting either. I finally decided to reset my route and my Roku device however when I did that it decided it want to restart and do a system update. Now it's stuck in the update loop. I tried to wait and see if it would fail but it stayed at 0% for almost an hour. Can the Roku devices update without wifi or does it need to be connected to wifi to update? If so, how can I fix my Roku device? It will not let me exit out of the updating screen to do anything and I've tried unplugging it. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Updating Without Wifi

Only Roku TVs can be updated without a network connection.  Find the reset button and press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Updating Without Wifi

@caylapop  Which Roku devices do you own? What is the model number? Are the all the same? If you own the base model Roku Express it will only work on the 2.4 GHz WiFi b,g,n

0 Kudos