Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inorwich
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming Stick+ and Voice Remote Pro Issues

Hi,

I have had 0 help from the Roku Support chat and am hoping that people on the forum are more helpful. I am having a few issues, so I would appreciate any help.

The first issue is that my Streaming Stick+ (model 3811x) does not automatically connect to my WiFi when I turn the TV on. It often says "Not Connected" on the top right. I am able to fix this issue only by unplugging the Roku's power cord and switching which HDMI port it is connected to. Then when it turns back on it connects to the internet.

After doing the above, I then start to stream a TV show. Now comes the issue with my Voice Remote Pro (model RCAL7R). It stops working after watching TV for 5 or so minutes, but the remote on my iPhone through the Roku app works.

And as I'm writing this.... the TV just lost it's connection to the internet so what I was watching stopped streaming!!! What is going on with my Roku? Can anyone help?

One thing worth noting is that my apartment building's WiFi is a shared network where each device's MAC address has to be registered with your account. I've registered the MAC address, but not sure if there is something else going on.

Thanks!

PS per @RokuDanny-R 's request, the serial number for the streaming stick+ is 255112738267.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ and Voice Remote Pro Issues

I am having the same problem.  Were you able to get assistance?  I am ready to end my long-term relationship if they don't improve customer service.

0 Kudos
inorwich
Channel Surfer

@NelsonHuseby1 , nope no assistance. Pretty horrible customer service tbh. The chat support agents just give you generic advice that you can find by Googling, and the person I spoke to on the phone gave me wrong advice re remotes.

What's weird is that eventually my device stopped having any issues and went back to working normally, so I have no idea what the cause was!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NelsonHuseby1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you being prompted with an error message? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos