Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crazytazz219
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick 4K won’t connect to internet

I have had my Roku Stick for a year and a half and it was working perfectly. My Wi-Fi started acting weird so I got it fixed but I can’t connect the internet to the Roku and yes I have done everything EVEN factory reset still nothing 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick 4K won’t connect to internet

What happens when you try to connect?  Do you get an error code or message?  Are you trying to use the 2.4 or 5 GHz Wi-Fi band?  What's the model number of your stick written on it somewhere?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Crazytazz219 

Since you had your wifi "fixed", login to your router and make sure you have your wireless settings configured as below. (make note of existing settings before changing to below for comparison).

2.4 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to b/g/n (Mixed Mode)
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 1 and 11 (preferably 1, 6 , or 11). Try changing and using different channels. Roku cannot see or use 12,13,14.

* Restart both your Router and your Roku after making above changes.

5.0 GHZ BAND

1. Radio is On/Enabled
2. SSID (network name) is On/Broadcasting
3. Network Mode/Protocol is set to N/AC
4. Bandwidth/Channel Width is set to 20mhz or 20/40 mhz
5. Wireless Channel is set between 36-48 (low frequency band) or 149-161 (high frequency band). Roku cannot see or use channels 52-140 (DFS Channels) which an Auto Setting may be choosing. If your router allows you to Disable DFS Channels, then an Auto Setting may be used after successful troubleshooting.

Restart both your Router and Roku devices(s) after making the above changes.

---

Feel free to post back with update and include some more details of your issue, your router model number, and your ISP. (internet service provider).  Namely, what was done to fix your wifi problem (new router, new modem, new wires, did someone just change settings, add extenders, etc).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Crazytazz219
Reel Rookie

I got error code 009 my serial number is 213122563112 Model 3810X. The Wi-Fi was “fixed” by changing wires on the line outside 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Crazytazz219

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who is your internet service provider? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Crazytazz219
Reel Rookie

Hello yes I have Xfinity pre paid internet it’s never done this before 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Crazytazz219

Thanks for the reply.

We recommend following the suggestion I posted above. If you need help changing your router settings, it'll be best to contact Xfinity Support. They know the steps on how to configure your router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Crazytazz219
Reel Rookie

I did everything that was told to me and it still hasn’t worked so I just went back to a fire stick

0 Kudos
ruby2shoes

I cannot connect the stick [4K+] to my Samsung TV either. it was working fine late yesterday until I went to change from Sling to the Roku channel and suddenly had no internet connection for the TV. Internet is working just fine for iPhone, iPad and computer and I can log into my ISP [RCN] with the correct password. Network names are showing up in the network list with excellent signal strengths. Password is not working for the TV though. Getting the 14.40 error. Rebooted the router, the remote and Roku but still no luck. hoping someone here can figure this out. BTW, I also spoke to RCN and they say signal is fine. Roku stick is only 4 months old. Frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ruby2shoes

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the password on your wireless router to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue?

For more detailed information about that specific error code, visit our Support page here: Set up or fix your internet connection

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator