Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
writchie

Roku Premiere 4620X Issues

Having issues with my Roku Premiere 4620X. The Roku connects to my Wifi, however I keep getting connection errors and channels that will not load. When I check the connection, everything is good. When I attempt to update system, I get a connection error. I have attempted restarts of bath Wifi modem and Roku, but nothing corrects the problems. Other devices connected to Wifi work fine … iphone, iPad, web browsing, etc. If I change my Roku Connection to a MiFI device, then it works fine … channels load, system can be updated, etc. Unfortunately, the MiFi device has limited data available to watch Roku programming while the Wifi would have unlimited data available. I don’t want to have to use up my MiFi data just to watch the Roku. Does anyone know what could be causing this?? The Roku Premiere has worked from my Wifi before, however it has been a few months since I last had the Roku on. The other strange thing is that my Roku is prompting me about connecting from a “dorm or hotel” … something that I never remember seeing while using before. I do move around … the Roku is in a motorhome which connects directly to my modem and Wifi that connects to various public / private networks while I move around the country. Like this current campground which I have been at before and have used the Roku at before has Comcast as the ISP, while other campgrounds have other ISP’s. I wouldn’t think that would make a difference overall since the Roku is connecting to the same modem, but wanted to mention just in case. Thanks for the help I might receive from anybody.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere 4620X Issues

Hi @writchie

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos