Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to WiFi

@Convextech 

Cox routers support a/b/g/n protocols.  If you cannot edit your 2.4ghz settings to enable b/g/n, then you call Cox back and tell them you need to have b/g/n enabled. (It is not a request- they cannot tell you that you cannot have protocol b enabled).   

In the alternative, you can purchase a newer Roku device that is dual band (operates on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz band), like the Roku Express 4k/4k+ or Streaming Sticks 4k/4k+.  Then you can use your 5ghz band rather than the 2.4ghz band.

The other alternative is to purchase another router and use "in addition to", or "in place of", the router Cox provided you that you can fully control yourself regarding settings.  You can always just throw their managed router back at them if they continue ro refuse to change the settings and go with your own router.  Again, call them back.  Like most places, the second representative you speak to will probably have no problems making the changes for you.

Then there is the failsafe.  Unplug all your equipment.  Call Cox, tell them nothing is working.  Then when the field tech gets there, tell him/her to make the changes you want regarding the b/g/n setting.  

Not sure what your other Roku models are since not listed/provided so still can't tell if this is a 2.4ghz band problem or a device issue.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
NoraTeague
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X won't connect to WiFi

I need to speak to a Roku represent very important soon as you get this text could you call me my number is [personal information removed] thank you

0 Kudos
DavidHall

They sent an update that killed all kinds of units and now, instead of telling you what it is, they put you through the ringer and get you even more upset.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DavidHall 

Didn't see any other postings you made with more information as to your issue.  Provide some more details what you are experiencing as well as the Roku model number and your Software Build.  Both can be found under Settings/System/About.

Providing your router model number and ISP (internet service provider) as well as any error messages you are seeing on screen is always helpful too.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos