Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marka1967
Channel Surfer

Re: No Wireless connection on both of my Roku devices since the update.

As best as I can tell both of my devices giving me problems are model #3920X.

Device ser. no are K4208G769975  & K42892112577

Both are showing error code 014.30

I can't get the software/OS ver as it will not connect to the wireless and I cand get past that point to find any other info but when I tried the Tracker ID for oth by pressing the Home button 5 times then the Back button 5 times her is what I got:

Model: 3920X - Roku Premiere

Serial number: YH0027112577 (K42892112577)

Software version: 10.5.0  .  build 4201-91

Timestamp: 2021-11-02T21:20:11Z

Issue ID: 77-440-480

And

Model: 3920X - Roku Premier

Serial number: YH00GH769975 (K4208G769975)

Software version: 10.5.0  .build 4201-91

Timestamp :2021-11-02T21:22:48Z

Issue ID: 75-440-482

I hope this helps to get both of me devices running

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@marka1967 

Thanks for the information.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
- Who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what make and model is your router?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marka1967
Channel Surfer

While I thank you for your help in trying to resolve my Roku woes, some of this troubleshooting is beyond my scope. I'm just a dumb truck driver so finding out if my router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to or changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow my device to connect is just out of reach for me. I bought a few Roku devices to cut out the crazy cable tv fees. The Roku's worked fine. Wife happy/kids happy I'm happy. A few weeks ago we watched a movie on Disney channel. All is good. Nothing changed then a week of so ago wife yelling/ Kids yelling. Roku not working. Now I'm expected to be the IT guy. I check a few things, reset router, reset Roku. Doesn't work. I figure I'd swap Roku from upstairs and down. Nope, neither one working. How can both Roku's be wonky? Recheck router. Seems good. Nothing changed. Same SSID same password same router. Call Comcast, they say not them. They didn't change anything. Router works fine in sending wireless signal out to 3 iphones in house as well as an older Dell laptop, new iPad, older Roku with cloth tag in daughters room the furthest  place you can get from the router. 
Don't understand it. The only thing I can find that changed is that Roku comes out with updates that my Roku downloads and installs without me doing anything. I check online and it seems like everyone is screaming about a recent Roku update that seemed to drop the bomb on everyones Roku's.
Seems like this update is doing all different kinds of things depending on your device model or tv. Mine is that I can't connect to what I am almost sure is a known, good, newish router( Xfininty XB3 Dual-Band 802.11ac) so I cannot get a wireless signal eventhough every other device in my household that uses this wireless signal has no problem connecting to it. So even if Roku said hey, uh we think we screwed up. Sorry, try this update to fix it. I can't get the update. I can't connect to my wireless to download it into my 2 Roku devices.
At this point I'm ready to toss both Roku devices in the trash and tell my angry wife/kids that tey are on their own. Get something called a firestick or something like that and I'd rather not. The Roku devices were not free. I paid good money for them and now they are basically useless. Just frustrated , thanks for your help

Both my Roku devices stop connecting to my wifi & internet 2 weeks ago! Have tried everything! Do I just need to go purchase a new one or is it on all Roku's?

0 Kudos
KeithHaley

[OS 10.5] Express premiere connectivity issue

I’ve tried the Reset router and restart Roku as suggested. After that didn’t work I tried the factory reset and now I can’t even set up because it still will not connect to the Wi-Fi. 

Model. 3920X

SN. K42996337292

we have xfinity as our WiFi provider and never had a issue until now. 

please help…

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@marka1967 

Was awaiting your response to @RokuDanny-R questions, and your answers confirmed suspicion that you were using Xfinity/Comcast ISP and router.

A firmware update to Xfinity routers occured and began to be released about a month ago that is mishandling the g/n Mode, or, protocol setting within their routers.  You need to either login to your router or use the Xfinity app and manually assign the "Mode" setting to b/g/n, rather than merely g/n.

I posted another response with pictures and instructions.  It really is a 5 minute fix and you should again have a happy family.  (https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Express-suddenly-will-not-conn...)

Other community members have also posted similar responses to this issue with the b/g/n fix as well as solving their Xfinity, Comcast, and Cox issues. 

Feel free to post back with an update or need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

marka1967
Channel Surfer

Woohoo !!!  AvsGunnar you are The Man. You saved my Roku devices from being trashed today. I changed the Wireless setup on my Comcast router under the WiFi 2.4ghz setting from G/N to B/G/N and that worked. Yes.
Thank you a hundred times. I was certain it was the Roku update but it turns out it wasn't. It's that sneaky Comcast updating their router and changing settings without telling anyone or making sure that the change wouldn't cause problems.
To any Roku owners with the same problem I had, Try the fix AvsGunnar gave me. It works and if this dumb truck driver cand get into my router settings and make a simple change with his instructions and included screenshots to guide you thru then anyone can do it. Thanks again. Follow this link: 

Scroll down to AvsGunnar's post I think on pg 4 ??

Thanks again
Convextech
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to WiFi

I have a Roku Premiere 3920x in my room that has had connection issues constantly, but quit on me for good 2 hours ago. I have 3 other Rokus in the house, all of which work in my room. All phones and laptops work fine. Tried all of the previous actions others have done. Serial K42035270418. Cox is my internet "provider". 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Convextech, does your 3920 show any Wi-Fi networks when you try to connect?  Since you have Cox, ensure the Wi-Fi wireless mode within the router is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Convextech
Channel Surfer

It shows no networks. I logged into my Cox Panoramic router and it does not allow me to change to b/g/n. It only shows g/n. I checked with Cox and they give no joy (big surprise). Since this just started only on the one Roku Premiere and not the other models, is this a firmware update that was sent out last night? If so, what can I do since that's on YOUR end, not mine?

0 Kudos