Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to WiFi

@Cardinal9521 

Since you have a Premiere 3920 (2.4ghz band only device) and Xfinity, you will most likely find that your router settings need to be configured to use the b/g/n mode/protocol.  A firmware update to Xfinity routers using g/n mode/protocol are no longer seeing some Roku devices that were previously functioning.

Using the Xfinity app or using a web browser on laptop connected to same network as the router....

1. type in 10.0.0.1

2. enter your username and password. (defaults are admin and password)

3. navigate to Gateway..Connection..Wifi

4. select the 2.4 ghz band and select Edit

5. locate the box labeled Mode, and change g/n to read b/g/n

6. press Save Settings at bottom of screen.

7 Restart both your Roku and your router.

---

Feel free to post back with an update or need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ophie01
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku isn’t connecting to wifi

I have the same problem with my 3920X Premiere not connecting to my Xfinity router/wifi. My problem started today 10/22/2021. All my other devices are connected. I agree. It's a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
marka1967
Channel Surfer

[OS 10.5] Roku Premiere - No Wireless connection

Can't connect to the wireless network since the update so now I cant go back and undo the update that caused all this mess. What a headache. Roku really dropped the ball on this one. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No Wireless connection on both of my Roku devices since the update.

Hello @marka1967

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
marka1967
Channel Surfer

I tried everything. Resetting the Roku, resetting my router. Everything. Nothing works. I doubt its my router or internet provider as every other wireless device in my home works fine. Phones, DVD player, TV, laptops, tablets, everything.

Roku came out with an update. That update was bad now everything is screwed up.I can't connect to wireless thru Roku so I can't do anything even if  Roku came out with another update to undo the damage?? I hope so or they can take all 3 of my Roku devices back for a full refund because as of right now they are useless to me.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@marka1967

Thank you for your response. 

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rblank73

More connection issues Premiere 3920

Ever since my Premiere 3920 "upgraded" to 10.5.0 I've had nothing but problems. This isn't limited to just just one or two models. I went for 3 days with no connection to my wifi until I fixed that. Now the picture quality is horrible and my gateway says that the Roku has a weak signal. It's in the SAME place, on the SAME router that has plenty of bandwidth and supply all my other devices with no problems. Also no connection with my Netflix or Disney+. I need a software roll back and someone at Roku should be fired or this debacle! 

0 Kudos
KJ21
Reel Rookie

I too have the same issue with both my TCL Roku tv and my Roku Ultra on a second tv. There was an update last week, and ever since all I can stream is Netflix. I can watch any channel on my iPad and IPhone. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@KJ21

Thanks for the post.

We recently released an update on Roku Ultra model 4660, 4661, 4662, 4670, and Roku TV models 7XXX. We believe this will resolve the issue you're experiencing. With that being said, try running a manual software update on your devices. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Luke0620

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X won't connect to WiFi

I have taken the same steps with my 3 3920X Roku Premieres and cannot get them connected either.  Have checked with provider and running the proper 2.4 GHz Wi-fi.  Please help!

0 Kudos