Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Premiere 3920X won't connect to WiFi

I have a Roku Premiere 3920X that has recently stopped being able to locate WiFi networks. I have read through the forums trying to find a solution, but haven't found anything that has solved the issue.

Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Unplugged the Roku.

2. Unplugged the router.

3. Moved the Roku directly next to the router.

4. Factory reset.

5. Verified the 2.4GHz band is active. B/G/N mode is activated.

6. Tried mobile hotspot from my laptop. My phone picked up the network along with several networks from neighboring houses. Still no networks are showing on the Roku Premiere.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X won't connect to WiFi

Hey @dethompson5

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RJK
Reel Rookie

Mine is having the same problem and it shows a software check today.  It sees the network and others but say not wireless connection.  I have rebooted everything.  Reset the network in Roku.  MY modem and router are fine.  I tested with my computer and phone using wireless data.  Everything work on the network but ROKU.  ITS OK, I did want to watch the Braves game.  WTH>

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RJK

Thanks for the post.

What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting? Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku premier+ is not connecting no matter what I do

So this is close to other posts- but no cigar. 
my roku premire+ can no longer find my internet and if I put in my ssid on my router it won’t connect. I checked my internet and was able to connect to Wi-Fi on my phone just fine. 
I have reset my roku three times and my router once, this has been an issue since last night and it is just not fixing itself. 
I would also say my internet is provided by Spectrum and not xfinity since that seems to be a common issue. 
when looking at the “about” on my roku it has my old Wi-Fi name and an up address listed as 0.0.0.0 which doesn’t seem right…..

HELP PLEASE!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku premier+ is not connecting no matter what I do

Hey @Jojo42aaaahhhh

Thanks for reaching out.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, please be advised that Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Raining

I have restarted, reset and no matter what i do the ruku express 4k+ wont connect to internet. It used to. Just yesterday it worked fine. And suddenly its worthless. I have made no changes that could possibly have affected this. Its definitely a problem on rokus end. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Raining

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Have you tried changing your router's wireless channel to either 1,6, or 11? If not, we recommend giving it a shot. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Premiere won't connect to WiFi

Hi Kariza, my mother’s is having the same issue. Even had a new modem brought to home by her provider.

her device model is 3921RW- Roku premier 

serial number:YH005E055071

software: 10.5.1*build 4201-91

device ID: JG28A5055071

wireless: Xfinity

0 Kudos
Dal13
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere won't connect to WiFi

Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

I’ve read through others with the same problem, but my Roku Premier suddenly stopped working and will not connect to the internet. I’ve restarted it, restarted the router, and done a Roku factory reset and it still will not work. Is there any other guidance? 

Please help!

0 Kudos