Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamsterdam

Roku Premier rejects the correct password, and will not connect

Just this week, my Roku Premier lost network connection, after only having it for 6 months, tops. it rejects the correct password, and does not even connect to the network. further, the multitude of other devices are doing just fine, including the Roku stick id replaced with the Premier. Customer support does not cover the Premier. I think its is defective, and I have no idea how to return it or how to arrange that.

Anyone else have this issue, all ideas and comments are appreciated?

Thanks!

—Dave

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premier rejects the correct password, and will not connect

@Hamsterdam 

If you have a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T), go into your router settings and verify that Wireless Mode is set to b/g/n under your 2.4ghz Wireless Settings.  Restart both the router and Roku device after making this settings change.

You can test your device's connection ability by attempting to connect to a mobile hotspot (if available to you).  If you can connect to your hotspot, should help to validate the above router setting is likely the culprit.

If the above is not applicable, feel free to post back with router model number and ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos