Wi-Fi & connectivity

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Outdoor Camera Recording

Can someone help me with my recording problem? I recently bought these cameras and it seems to not record from afar. When I get really close it records the event. Since the detection is so bad I changed the detection to 50 to 100 and the same for the image sensitivity. I tried everything but nothing works. It’s not a wifi problem. Are my settings wrong? Should I do something I don’t know? 

#Camera #Recording #RokuCamera

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Outdoor Camera Recording

Your experience matches mine.  I don't think you're doing anything wrong.  I tried to get it to detect wildlife (deer and other smaller animals) and it only detected them when they were fairly close to the camera.  I don't know the precise distance, but it seemed if they were more than 30' away or so they weren't detected.  I was using the wireless outdoor camera and I moved the camera as far away from the base station as I could to get better results.

I've now moved it to a different residence and it doesn't detect people walking by at about 20 to 30' away, but I have it in a window, so I don't know if that affects things.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos