Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cch1

Re: My Roku device is unable to connect to the wireless network.

Jump to solution

Does anyone know when a software update or rollback will be available to fix the issue on the 3900X - Roku Express caused by the 10.5.0 update?

0 Kudos
Bumbershoot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My ISP is Comcast, and they did change the mode to G/N. Changing it back to B/G/N resolved the issue. Thank you for the help, I don't how else I would have figured that out.

0 Kudos
Artsy6098

Re: Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet

Jump to solution

Thank You have been trying to connect for days. This is nice and simple.

Re: Roku Express suddenly will not connect to the internet

Jump to solution

I have a Roku LE. I experienced the same issue with Comcast and this article resolved it. I had to enable the b/g/n network on the 2.4 GHz network. After that, it connected just fine. Thanks for the help. 

Lymon

Roku Express won't connect to WIFI - UNBELIEVABLE

Jump to solution

I cannot believe how many post with the same issue I read and any has a solution. 

I´ve been having this issue since the last week of November I lost connection Tuesday night and I connect again after 5 days, and today I lost the connection AGAIN.

I did all the steps you guys recommend and the result is 0. Unplug both devices, reset the router and the Roku express, and always is "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK" , doesn't matter how many times restart the devices. 

I looked for the type of errors to check what I can do and the result is same result. 

.eRROR 014.30eRROR 014.30

I lost my patience already.

mthieme
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express won't connect to WIFI - UNBELIEVABLE

Jump to solution

are you getting that error screen when you check connectivity? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express won't connect to WIFI - UNBELIEVABLE

Jump to solution

Hello @Lymon

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Please be advised that Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express won't connect to WIFI

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding internet connectivity issues with your Express device.

If your internet service provider is Comcast, we would recommend changing your router settings for 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, or do not have Comcast as an internet service provider, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what make and model is your router

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJRPHD

Re: Roku Express won't connect to WIFI

Jump to solution

Thank you to all who posted about the solution that worked for me: changing the mode setting on the Xfinity modem/router on the 2.4 Ghz frequency from the default setting of "802.11 g/n" to "802.11 b/g/n" (These were the only two options). My problem started after an Internet outage yesterday. Spent all day searching on how to correct the inability to even see my network (or any other ones, i.e., neighbors' networks) on the Roku Premier. Wasted hours disconnecting and restarting the router and the Roku Premier to no avail. Comcast had no idea on what to do; although the Comcast representative tried to be helpful, she did not have the necessary information. This is a problem that is easily correctable if one knows about the proper setting for a Roku Premier. I fault both Roku and Comcast for not addressing this issue properly. I should not have to spend hours searching for a solution on my own, with many false leads. (The only benefit was that I now know more about router settings than I ever wanted to know.) At least you can speak to someone at Comcast; not so with Roku. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of customer service on the part of Roku.

myah1

Jump to solution

yea

0 Kudos