Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku device is unable to connect to the wireless network.

Jump to solution

The suggestion to restart the router is not made lightly. It's not guaranteed, but very often a router restart restores a Roku's network connection, even when other devices have no trouble connecting.  In little more time than you spent typing your two objections to the suggestion you could have found out if it worked for you.  But you may not have this option if it is a system maintained by your apartment management.

Next best suggestion may be to clear out your connection info and try to establish the connection all over again.  Settings > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RikCamp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The model is Roku Express  3900X

0 Kudos
boncamp

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. The device is unable to connect to the internet and I need the internet to fix it.

0 Kudos
boncamp

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue-it has been unusable for two days now.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, the Express is 2.4 GHz only, so the Mode setting suggestion I made above is appropriate. I am assuming you can see your wireless, but just not be able to connect to it. Again, try a hotspot to see if you can connect and get your OS updated. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
boncamp

Jump to solution

I did cycle the router and the ROKU-neither worked. I do have Comcast.

0 Kudos
RikCamp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ok so I might sound 'outdated' but how does the hotspot works?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

No problem. 🙂 Virtually all smartphones offer the ability allow other devices to connect and share its Internet connection. Basically, it just appears as another available wireless connection to your Roku. I can't speak to Android based phones, but on the iPhone it's under Settings/Personal Hotspot. Under that menu, you can see (and change) the name that is broadcast (the SSID) and the password. Then you simply turn it on and then search for a new connection on your Roku and connect to it.

That said, there's always the chance that your phone's data plan doesn't offer hotspot functionality. If that's the case, see if you can use someone else's temporarily so you can see if there's an OS update that might resolve the issue. It wouldn't be the first time that a Roku could not connect to a home network, and after using a hotspot to update the device it could again connect to the home.

Dan

0 Kudos
RikCamp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried using the laptop hotspot and it seems to work very slow lol

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Speed shouldn't matter, as long as you can connect and see if Roku has released an OS update to hopefully resolve your connection issue. 

Dan

0 Kudos