Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlgaG

Roku Express mac address all zeros

*I've done the factory reset.* mac address displays all zeros and it will not scan wireless networks. I tried to put in private network but it will not connect to our wifi that way either. Only had this device since August 2021 and it's already giving me these problems. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express mac address all zeros

@OlgaG 

Are you powering your Roku Express with the supplied power adapter through the wall or through your TV USB power port?  Try using the wall power unit if currently using TV power port and restart your router as well.

If you are currently using the wall power, then the NIC (network card/chip) inside the unit has most likely failed (or at least as encountered an internal issue) if wireless MAC is showing all zeros (0:0:0:0:0:0).

You can view the settings from Settings..Network..About

If you are sure it is the MAC address showing zeros (0:0:0:0:0:0), and not the IP address showing zeros, (0.0.0.0) and you have verified proper power supply and restarted router, then you should return for warranty replacement.  (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Whitelion

Had the same thing just happen to my Roku. I’m not happy with the lack of support to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Whitelion, if your MAC address is all zeros the fix is to replace the faulty device entirely.  If it's still under warranty:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos