Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU EXPRESS INTITAL SET UP

Jump to solution

@Izzy0419
Thanks for the post.

That error code refers to an incorrect password to your wireless network. Have you tried changing your password and then seeing if the issue persists?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect?

For more information about that specific error code, visit our Support page here: Set up or fix your internet connection

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Izzy0419
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not have an alternate wireless network.  I will changing my wifi password.

0 Kudos
Izzy0419
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My internet service is recognizing the ROKU, but when I hit trouble shoot, it says there is not enough signal and too many units on the service; however when I plus in another brand of firestick it works fine.  I can't use this ROKU Express, I need to be able to return it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Izzy0419

Thanks for the post. 

Where is your wireless router in respect to the Roku device? Did you already try changing the wireless network password to see if that resolves the issue? Are you seeing anything other messages on screen?

If you are unable to use the Roku device, we would recommend returning the device from where you purchased it.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos