Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi at setup

Jump to solution

@WillMa83 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot to see if you can setup the device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WillMa83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have but still not working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WillMa83 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Setup on screen stops after accepting wifi internet connection ?

Jump to solution

This **bleep**!  What id the ROKU is brand new?  My router Setting shows it as not connected, the RoKu shows my network, but i cant use my password which is correct and 5 other devises are on it.  I cannot even get to the home screen togo to setting to change or do the factory reset until i get past the first screen..

0 Kudos
MMA
Reel Rookie

Re: Setup on screen stops after accepting wifi internet connection ?

Jump to solution

I have done the hard reset and the same thing happens. It says it needs to update and when it’s done the whole process begins again, just an endless loop. I have two other Roku devices in my house and they have always worked fine. This one appears to be useless. 

0 Kudos

Re: New Roku Premiere Won’t get past update

Jump to solution

Infinite update and reboot loop... changed the TV its on, reset the wifi network, hardwire. Nothing is working.. why sell a product that does not work out of the box?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

For the Premiere to operate, you have to ensure that the 2.4ghz band of your wi-fi network is broadcasting its radio (turned on), and in your router's Wireless Settings verify that you have a channel between 1 and 11 assigned with a bandwidth of 20mhz.  Also disable any MAC filtering options at the router if you are using them.

Alternatively for setup, you can try using the 2.4ghz setting of a mobile hotspot if available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MMA

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Productsbroken

Thanks for the post.

In addition what @AvsGunnar mentioned, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Izzy0419
Reel Rookie

ROKU EXPRESS INTITAL SET UP

Jump to solution

RE: New Roku Express SKU#3930R,  SN S00831AS4RHP  SCAN# 29610 00325 2

I enter the correct Network and correct password, but it doesn't connect. I get a .014.40 error.

I have contacted Cox to confirm my service, my network, and password. I have rebooted and unplugged at least 15 times.

I tried an Amazon Firestick on this TV and it worked. I tried this Roku Express on another TV and it didn't work their either.

I have 2.4 GHZ service.

Why can't I connect?

0 Kudos