Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setup on screen stops after accepting wifi internet connection ?

Jump to solution

@RG-inOttawa @OARoushdy @roberttrautmann @DOUGTAZ 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OARoushdy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My device after the update made and started rebooting it kept in that liop ever since .. no resets hard resets did the job or removing power or so its in same loop! This is a newly device first start after opening it. Im going mad here , even leaving it in that loop for a while does nothing

Re: Express generates 014/40 error code

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. Just opened mine today.

0 Kudos

Re: Express generates 014/40 error code

Jump to solution

I tried a different HDMI outlet on my TV and it worked.

0 Kudos
crenault
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny! This worked like a charm! Issue is completely resolved 🙂 

0 Kudos
mehilgert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have tried to connect to spectrum modem using my nighthawk wireless router no good with my roku everything else no problem with hooking up, go to friends next door using their spectrum wireless connection still cant connect my roku , but go to other friends down street using their wireless router with spectrum connects fine. at home my roku says it has connected to my nighthawk router  ok but cant connect to wireless connection, so i get first a green check then a red check.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mehilgert 

Thanks for the note.

If you have a red 'x' appearing for internet connection, your Roku device is unable to make a connection to the internet.

For troubleshooting steps for this issue, visit out Support page here: How do I check the connection to my home network and the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WillMa83
Reel Rookie

Won’t connect to WiFi at setup

Jump to solution

My roku streaming stick will not connect to WiFi (error code 14.30). The help menu for my error code suggests that I reset the Roku stick and my router which I have done 5 times to no avail. Password is 100% correct and I am trying to get on the same WiFi network that my smartphone is on now and the WiFi is working fine on there. Any suggestions? Is the roku stick just broken or something?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi at setup

Jump to solution

@WillMa83 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot.  If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WillMa83
Reel Rookie

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi at setup

Jump to solution

I have rebooted both the roku stick and the WiFi multiple times and still nothing. The username and password are both accurate as it is the same account I am using to type this message on my smartphone. 

0 Kudos