Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Info2

Re: Roku Express Connects to my Phone's Wi-fi But Not My Router

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, Roku customer service doesn’t know how to fix it. It picks up a excellent signal detecting my router. I have 2 WiFi connections with an excellent signal but won’t connect. At our business we can connect to my router even from outside. My hotspot has no problem being connected to the Roku even going several feet pass the router. I thought it was the TV which was old, so I bought a new one and even switched out the Rokus’ by taking it back to BestBuy and switching it. Still, no bueno! If anyone else knows a solution please let me know. I’m getting the same error.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Info2

Thanks for the post.

If your Roku device is connecting to your wireless hotspot, then it would appear that there isn't an issue with the Roku device, but rather your wireless network. 

• Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express and Premiere are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 

• Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
castalon

Jump to solution

This is the second time my Roku does not want to connect to the WiFi but connects to my phone's hotspot with ease. The first time this happened, I changed my password to only letters and it fixed the issue for a while. Now, even though I restarted both my router and Roku, it still only connects to the hotspot. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@castalon, do you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP?  If so, change your router's wireless mode to b/g/n from g/n.                                

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Creik

Jump to solution

Fixed my problem!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m also having this problem! My password is only lowercase letters though- any other solutions???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hannahlewicki, did you see the post that suggests switching your router's wireless mode to b/g/n?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos