Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnnyW

Roku 4K refuses to connect to WiFi -- even after factory reset!

I bought a Roku 4K in February 2021. It's worked great since I had it... until recently. It's suddenly refused to connect to WiFi, no matter what I do. I can see all the SSIDs fine, but when I enter my password I get a "Unable to connect to wireless network" messsage.

Things I've tried:

• Restarting the Roku
  • Connecting to a different WiFi
  • Resetting stored connections
  • A full factory reset

No matter what I do I get an Error 014.30 after entering my password.

I have turned my iPhone into a Personal Hotspot over WiFi. I can can connect to it fine with my laptop, but when I try with my Roku I get the same error message. Even after the factory reset.

My Roku cannot connect to either my main WiFi or my Personal Hotspot WiFi.

I don't know what's happened, or what could have caused this. I never move it or mess with it.

Is there anything left for me to try?

Labels (1)
24 REPLIES 24
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4K refuses to connect to WiFi -- even after factory reset!

What's the model number of your Roku displayed under Settings->System->About?  Are you trying to connect to 2.4 or 5GHz Wi-Fi?  The 14.30 error code often comes up when trying to connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi when the wireless mode is set to g/n and not b/g/n.  I haven't heard of that happening with a phone's hotspot, but it's still something to check on your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AvsGunnar

@JohnnyW 

Restart both your Roku device and your router.  If you are using the same password for both your hotspot and your router's network, try changing your hotspot password. (keep it simple for testing, no special characters).

Some users have reported needing to change their wireless password at their router, then connecting the Roku device.  Once it connects, you should be able to able to change it again back to your desired password and should be able to connect again.

Also, try connecting to your 2.4ghz band (both at hotspot and router) as suggested by @renojim and verify your router's wireless mode is set to b/g/n as suggested.

Feel free to post your router model number and ISP if still having issues.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Dorey
Reel Rookie

That doesn’t work. It’s roku itself 🙄 I’ve done everything, reset everything, this happened after I changed my password on my router.

reset everything! 
Checked router. It’s fine. So basically **bleep** roku!

I actually bought a 4k box for better performance and it’s the biggest bunch of **bleep** I wasted my money on.

big bloody CON

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Dorey 

Saw a couple of your postings in the community.  These Roku devices can have trouble connecting for a variety of reasons.  You need to provide some details as to the issue you are having.  Unfortunately, "checked everything" and "settings are fine" just don't cut it with troubleshooting.

Provide as much detail as you can, starting with Roku model number, router model number, ISP (internet service provider), any error codes you are seeing, what things you have tried, does the Roku see your network or any network, and if able, to provide the settings your router is currently using under both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands of your wifi settings.

Additionally, have you tried the mobile hotspot suggestion or tried connecting to an alternate network (friend, family, etc.).

Provide some info and we can see if we can get you back up and running.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

ruko_mad

About this new device Less Than 3 months ago and since the beginning he gave me a hard time connecting to the Wi-Fi and now it's completely shut down I'm not able to connect it to the Wi-Fi only to hotspot my phone. I don't know what to do there's no telephone number or chat room that I can call. I thought I was upgrading my Roku and what I did was get a piece of **bleep**

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @ruko_mad

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you please provide us with the details asked by @AvsGunnar above? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Deepcolor

My roku tvs have been hacked as well, and it prevents manual reinstallation of the normal firmware. For all intents and purposes, the TVs has become a brick with only the use of an antenna or hdmi from devices. TCL and hisense are Chinese. But, due to dns cache poisoning, it doesn't matter the brand as the downloads can be sniffed out anywhere for roku tvs.

0 Kudos
kbrown65
Reel Rookie

Stop wasting our **bleep** time… we are frustrated and sick of Roku. You know full well that providing all that information will not solve the problem. I’ve read blogs as far back at 2020 and there is still no solution, because Roku doesn’t have one. I will never by a Roku product again.

0 Kudos
radlady

I just experienced the same problem. My problem started when I reset my router and changed my password. Every device reconnected except my roku devices. After hours of discussions between Tmobile (my ISP) and roku to no avail I figured it out. Apparent roku does NOT like special characters, so once I changed the password again without any special characters my devices connected. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos