Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrecbe1

Reset required every time I use Roku

My Express 4K+ must be reset every time I want to connect via wifi.  This is the second device in which I have this problem.

Every time I use the Express, I see the message that there is no internet connection.  The blue indicator light is off.  Once I hit the reset button, the blue light illuminates and the Express works normally. The next day, however, the blue light is NOT illuminated and to get Roku to work, I must hit the reset button. This is the normal sequence in order to use the Express.

Has I mentioned above, this the second Express 4K+ that has this problem.  What do I need to do in order to use an Express 4K+ properly?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reset required every time I use Roku

The blue light goes off when the screensaver is active or the device is in power saving mode (if applicable).  It has nothing to do with the network connection other than it will flash when there's something wrong.  See if you have a "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and try disabling it if you do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos