Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guyandjoni

Re: Roku keeps disconnecting from wifi

I have the same problem with my roku ultra. I have tried every solution on the internet including exchanging the roku for another. I use xfinity xFi gateway showing a strong connection. I give up! Going to return the Roku in exchange for something else.

shajost1984
Reel Rookie

Thus far plugging my tv directly into the router seems to have cured the problem. I’ve not had a drop in internets for a couple months since hardwiring it in.

0 Kudos

We are having this same issue. 

this started around when the update on 5/9/2023 happened. All of a sudden, the three Rokus I have, all disconnect from the wifi informing me the connection was lost, the remote doesn’t work, and I have to unplug the Roku, then plug it back in, and it works fine until it disconnects again. 

Never had this problem before. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shawnabwest,

Hello, and thanks for joining the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing this behavior. We'd like to take a closer look at this.

Have you tried restarting your router to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Keep us posted!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob_in_Cali
Binge Watcher

This started for me last week. I have a Sharp RokuTV. It loses the wi-fi connection once every night. I end up turning the TV off and then back on and then the wi-fi signal is back. I am not using anything else at the time. Not my phone, my laptop or my tablet. It used to be the apps would crash, not a wi-fi issue. I live alone, so no one else is using my network at the time.   Next TV, I will connect an ethernet cable directly into the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bob_in_Cali,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the connectivity issue you're running into. We'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Could you please verify if you getting any error messages/codes when you are trying to connect your Roku device?
  2. Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to check the connection to your home network and the internet | Official Roku Support.

Also, we recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’d like to second Shawn here. This exact thing happens to me with my Roku Streaming Stick. I’ve tried everything, I even bought a Wi-Fi pod to put right next to the roku but the issue is still occurring. The roku is the only device in the house that has any problems, it’s clearly a software issue. I’ve owned the Roku since May 2022 and the issue only started occurring in the last few months. I’m about ready to toss it and buy a competing device. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Benstrong26,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Roku community!

We understand that this behavior must be going on and affecting a lot of users. We'd love to take a closer look at this.

Let us know...

• What Roku device has an issue connecting to your wireless network?
  • How are you powering it? Is it connected directly to a wall outlet or to a USB port on your TV?
  • Does connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, result in the same issue?

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @flagle12,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would like to know the issue you've been having with your device so we can offer you some help. What device are you using right now? Does the issue only occur when playing the specific game or on all other games? In addition, can you please specify the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jlovitts

I'm having the same issue.  My Roku is about 20 feet from the router.  It disconnects numerous times a day.   When I go to reconnect, all of my wireless options say GOOD or EXCELLENT - regular and 5G.  Very frustrating and annoying!!

0 Kudos