Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TedG1

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X won't or struggles to connect to WiFi

Same problem. Device worked great for a year or so. I reviewed as many answers as I could. Everything seems to be set up properly. After a week of so of restarting the Roku, I discovered that every time it wouldn't connect, rather than restarting, I did this:
Settings > Network > About > Check Connection
It's been about 2 weeks & has worked every time I've run the Check Connection. Simplest answer I've found as restarting is a pain. This is just less of a pain. I'm convinced this is a Roku issue as all my other WiFi connected devices connect without jumping through hoops. I'd happily buy an ethernet cable if the Premiere had a port.
BTW,  I have a 10 year old Roku 3 connected to a different TV that has given me very little trouble. OTOH, it' cost about $100.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere 3920X won't or struggles to connect to WiFi

@TedG1 

Did you verify that your 2.4ghz band is configured to use b/g/n Wireless Mode/protocol at your router if you are using a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T)?

If the above is not applicable, perhaps try changing the wireless channel on the 2.4ghz band (1, 6, or 11 preferred) and try lowering the Bandwidth/Channel Width to 20 Mhz if you currently have set to 40 Mhz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos