Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I contact these people? Phone or chat

@RokuNimfa-C  I don’t know how to make a new post or message you or anyone for that matter. Basically I’m having the same issue with my Roku device all the time. My phone and everything else in the house will connect to the house Wi-Fi. But my Roku will not pick up the Wi-Fi. I don’t know how to change the routers channels like I’ve read previously on here before. Also I do have an iPhone with hotspot but I don’t ever see that come up on my Roku either. 
All I know is this—> Model - 3930RW - Roku Express 

serial number X00400EFJA4 

software version- 10.5.0 • build 4208-AE

Device ID- S00931AFJ8A4 

wireless MAC address 84:EA:ED:D1:08:05 

I’m going nuts… please help me 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Raising_ORileys, the Express 3930 only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi channels 1 through 11.  Many ISPs have disabled 2.4GHz on their customer's routers.  You may have to call your ISP to get them to enable it or tell us who your ISP is and/or your router's manufacturer and model number and someone here can probably help you.

The same thing goes for your iPhone's hotspot.  There's a setting somewhere (sorry, not an Apple person) to select the band for its hotspot.  Yours is probably set to 5GHz.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

@Raising_ORileys-

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Raising_ORileys 

Regarding the mobile hotspot connections...

For Apple phones, look for a Setting that says "Maximize Compatibility". (this will force 2.4ghz to be included).  Settings > Network > Hotspot > Wifi hotspot > Extend compatibility

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2020/11/04/iphone-personal-hotspot-wi-fi-bands-tutorial/

For Android phones, look for a Setting that says "Select AP band" (should give you an option of either 2.4 or 5ghz)

Settings > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile Hotspot Settings > Setup Mobile Hotspot > Select AP band

https://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-hotspot-setup-631280/

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos