Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuylaineM

Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Exact same issue, powered from the wall with the supplied Roku hardware, tried all 4 HDMI ports , factory reset, ensured the plug was in very firmly. Worked fine last night , nothing I do today makes a difference and NOTHING changed till it went into error 022 

10 REPLIES 10
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Hi @GuylaineM

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Make sure that the Advanced Wireless Receiver is securely connected to your Roku device. This is important to ensure proper communication between the devices.

If you're unsure about the connection, you may want to check the connection cables and make sure they're firmly in place.

Also, please try unplugging your Roku device and disconnecting it from any power source. After a few seconds, plug everything back in and turn your device back on. This can help to reset the connection and resolve any connectivity issues you may be experiencing.

If you're looking to learn more about your Roku streaming stick and the long-range wireless receiver, I would suggest checking out Roku's official support website. They have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers a wide range of topics related to Roku devices, including troubleshooting, setup, and more.

Here's the link to their FAQ page: How to set up your Roku Streaming Stick 4K | Official Roku Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with the error code 022 on your Roku device.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

I tried both HDMI ports. And a different TV. Same problem. Contacted customer support. They are sending me another wireless receiver. Meanwhile no TV. I already stopped my cable subscription. 

0 Kudos
ebass
Binge Watcher

How did you contact support

0 Kudos
Jrnorwood30
Reel Rookie

Roku device not spinning showing white screen error code 022

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jrnorwood30,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We appreciate you for sharing your report about this error you're seeing. I'd like to be of assistance.

I forward you a PM for further information.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jodie926

I’ve got the same issue on two Rokus I have. Both of them show error code 22 no long range wireless receiver. Can you please help?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jodie926!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution about receiving the Error Code 022.

Firstly, please be aware that Error Code 022 means a Wireless Receiver is not detected and in this case, we suggest unplugging the wireless receiver of your Roku Streaming Stick and waiting for about 60 seconds before re-plugging it again. Kindly ensure that all cables have been plugged tightly.

If the issue persists after doing so, kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edmanley

I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K Model 3820X2 that is showing the Wireless Receiver Not Detected Error 022 screen that I see so many others have already reported.

I have tried every fix on your Roku Support website plus any suggestions that I found in various forums... nothing works.

I turn it on, get to the first menu where English is highlighted, and then in a few seconds it gives me the 022 error popup.

What can I do?

Ed Manley

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @edmanley,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an error code 022 received upon setting up your device and we appreciate you flagging us about this.

We'd like to know more about this setup. Could you tell us how are you powering this device? Is this connected directly to your TV USB port or to the power outlet?

It is recommended to power up the device to a power outlet that gives enough power to avoid unnecessary behavior.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos