Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgrant

ROKU won't work at night?!

Anyone else have this problem? I am watching for hours but every night after midnight no connection.  Like it is just tired of running?  We even installed a fan that is behind the TV and no longer get an overheating message.  This is constant every single night.  Resetting the world and nothing just shuts off all communication.  Oher apps will work like Youtube, and the Superbox all run through the internet so this is a ROKU issue.  Getting ready to find a more reliable service for streaming.  Anyone??

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU won't work at night?!

@jgrant

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dr_vasanth
Reel Rookie

I have a similar problem where just one Roku device in my home stops streaming at night and resumes all by itself early morning.

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial Number: YH00CF377184 (2130AC377184)

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-50

Timestamp: 2022-04-16T02:21:46Z

Please use issue ID 84-151-341 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Check in the Network settings and see if Bandwidth Saver is enabled. This stops playback after four hours if no one has used the remote within that time period. It could be mere coincidence that it's happening around a particular time.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos