Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPC1910

ROKU keeps getting disconnected from Wi-Fi

We recently upgraded our Wi-Fi and our ROKU Premiere constantly gets disconnected from the network ever since the upgrade was made. The only way we are able to get back on the network is when we reset the connection in the ROKU’s advanced settings. All other devices in the house work perfectly fine. I have been able to access the modem’s gateway but I can’t figure out how to make any changes through there. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix this? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU keeps getting disconnected from Wi-Fi

@NPC1910

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Which specific Roku model device are you using?
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos