Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

@Nindy the settings you list are not correct. There are two radio bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. There are also channel width settings, but those are measured in MHz. 2.4 GHz usually uses a 20 MHz channel width, while 5 GHz has settings of 20, 40 or 80 MHz. There are no settings in Kilohertz.

On 2.4 GHz, Roku devices sometimes have issues with the Mode setting. For best results, Mode B/G/N should be enabled. 

Assuming the router supports it, sometimes it also helps to use a different name (SSID) for each radio band, so you know which band you're using. In most cases, using 5 GHz will be faster than a 2.4 GHz connection.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Clascabra

Jump to solution

That's all I had to do. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos