Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eris0303
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Roku premiere won't connect to internet. It can find and connect to the network but won't connect to the internet.

I have restarted the router/model multiple times

I have restarted the roku 

I have reset the roku's factory settings 

I have purchased a wifi extender

I have called the provider and they say the issue is not on their end. 

I even went to roku.com/connectivity where I was asked for my credit card number. That felt like a scam so I got out of there.

I am completely out of ideas except replacing a roku that's not even a year old.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You were definitely not on https://www.roku.com/connectivity and that was definitely a scam.

A lot of people are reporting the same thing since the last update or two.  By chance is Spectrum your Internet provider?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ChrisSmith62481 wrote:

My roku stick wont connect and my remote stopped working and wont pair to tv.any ideas what i do now?

It's not clear what you're asking.  You don't pair a stick to your TV.  With a stick, you must have a working Roku remote to get it connected to Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RSBRIZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Spectrum is my ISP.  This exact thing is happening to me. All 3 Roku's.  My iPhone and Android device connects, no problem.  It suddenly just started.  

I have tried every possible thing listed in this article except what was mentioned about getting into my ISP account and granting permissions.  This would be new and I don't know how to do it..

0 Kudos
Eris0303
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My ISP is Optimum 

0 Kudos
Gpm

Jump to solution

I purchased the Roku stick and had issues connecting to wifi. All of my other equipment was working fine with the wifi. ISP is Comcast. Roku was able to connect to my mobile hotspot on my Android phone. It could find my wifi name but not connect.

After repeatedly turning off the router, unplugging it and then turning it back on and restarting the Roku stick, it still didn't work.

I read on another blog that someone had the same issue and changed their router password.  I tried this as my password had letters, numbers and characters.  I removed the characters, restarted the router, restarted the roku stick and it finally connected. I hope this helps as it took me hours to figure it out. 

0 Kudos
karlg

Jump to solution

My Roku Express also stopped connecting to the Internet part way through watching a film last Sunday.

Tried rebooting, factory resets, changing the download server from beta to normal (not sure why it was on beta in first place) and it wont find any of my 4 wifi connections.

The only time i can get it connected is if the device is sat on top of my router, literally 12" away. Then i get a poor connection.

I suspect there was an update on Sunday and since then it has had an affect on the wifi amplifier.

Unfortunately the UK doesnt have any Roku devices that can connect to ethernet, which is a poor development from Roku.

I will take mine back to the retailer to get my money back if it cant be fixed before weekend.

0 Kudos
RSBRIZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok everyone - I had the same issue. 4 Roku devices that connected to wireless but could not connect to the internet but all other devices can. 

tried everything described in this thread ... restarting everything. Taking one device to factory mode. 

i use spectrum as my ISP. 

Someone said the only thing That worked for them was to take their Internet router out of the equation and install a new one. I did this tonight and it works perfectly. Something is very strange in the world of Roku.  

0 Kudos
65marie

Jump to solution

My ROKU TV will not connect to my internet work fine yesterday now my internet doesn’t even show when scanning for internet 

65marie

Jump to solution

I need help