Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barb47
Streaming Star

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

If you have a twitter account, go on there and tag #roku what a lousy job they are doing. ..can't find wireless, can't find internet, when all of your accessories don't have a problem finding them.  Do they even look at the forum?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine started doing the same thing yesterday. I haven't been able to stay connected more than a minute or two. 

Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There is some information on some of these threads that talks about whether you are running 2.4 5 GHz and what kind of ROkU you are using.  It by Danny from ROKU.   

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I found it

Some ISPs who provide the WiFi router have been found to be turning off the 2.4 GHz network and running 5 GHz only. If that's what's happening to you, and if your Roku device only supports 2.4 GHz network, then it's not a Roku issue, but an issue with your router and your ISP for doing that.

To help determine if that's the problem, it would be helpful to know which Roku device you have. If it's one that supports 2.4 GHz only, then the next step would be for you to find out if your network is utilizing the 2.4 GHz band like it used to, or if it's been turned off by someone, perhaps your ISP.

0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue with my Roku Premiere.  Had AT&T out to check my connection and install a wifi extender as I thought that was the issue but it's not.  I told A&T Technical Support about the complaints on the Roku blog and he said if enough people are have the same issue then Roku will likely  instigate a system update so please keep the complaints coming and hopefully we can get this resolved for everyone.

AND IF #ROKU WON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT THEN I WILL HAVE TO SWITCH OVER DEVICES TO AMAZON OR GOOGL

***UPDATE***

So I just installed my old Roku LT and the internet connection is GOOD compared to POOR with the Premiere SO it's clearly an issue with newer models so ROKU, PLEASE UPDATE THE SYSTEM ASAP!!!!

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, all these people are having the same issue.  All of these people wifi and internets can't all be down or not working.  Changing the channel didn't help.  Seems as though the community are the only people who care.

0 Kudos
LillaSnow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im having same problem. It just stopped being connected and wing reconnect. Signal strength excellent. All other devices connected fine. Restarting does nothing, 

0 Kudos
LillaSnow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I send a PM

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Try clicking on the person's name, view profile.  That takes you to a page where you do it....Send private message.

0 Kudos
VCBaldwin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can't believe it, now my old Roku LT isn't working and it's as though it did a factory reset so now I have no channel and no way to connect to the internet.

Does anyone know of a customer / technical support phone number?

0 Kudos