Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution
Walgreenslistens wrote:

This might be of help.
In your router's GUI under LAN or Advanced settings, find the "DHCP name special character state" setting, then choose to “Allow Special Characters” and reboot.

Thanks for the help . It has helped me to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Not sure if you can help me or not.  I went to network, advanced and don't see what you are talking about.

I have renew DHCP lease

DHCP client id. which is blank

Using MacBook pro

Thanks

0 Kudos
Fiery_Accalia
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine is doing that also.. it was working yesterday i was watching on it.. has been working since i got it and now wont connect to the internet.. i have tried everything and nothing is working.. and funny i thought of switching to internet TV but um if it doesn't work then why even bother..  not happy with Roku and don't think i will get another.. im going to have to find something else that will do my tv now.. this sucks

Fiery_Accalia
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

so the one thing i didn't do trying to connect to the internet was a factory reset.. well i didn't that and it worked.. but i really hope i don't have to do a Factory Reset every time it doesn't want to connect to the internet.. I hope Roku fixes there issues.. 

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine hasn't worked in several weeks and ROKU doesn't care.  Don't hold your breath.

So many people have this problem, so it has to be them.

0 Kudos
Barb47
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I tried a reset and no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with your wireless network no longer working, I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If adjusting your wireless network (changing the wireless broadcast channel, etc.) isn't helping, please provide us with the following information so we can better understand the specific issue that you are running into:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-are you seeing a specific error message on screen?
-have you tried connecting to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect to the internet?

-when did you start seeing this issue occur?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
manilla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@VCBaldwin

This is not a solution lol

0 Kudos
Fiery_Accalia
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done all this i had to factory reset to get it to work for now.. i hope i don't have to do it every again.. my WIFI is excellent and it tells me that when it wont connect even though i have excellent WIFI this is on your end fix your product thank you

0 Kudos
Fiery_Accalia
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

mine isn't working again either and i have problems multiple times a day when it does deside to work for a little bit.. Roku Sucks they need to fix there product.. i have excellent on everything and have the best internet out there so this is all ROKU and i wish they would fix there product