Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurorave
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU NO LONGER CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Jump to solution

Just adding myself to the list of people having the same problem. Internet connection working great on every device but Roku. I've been using it for over a year and it won't connect no matter how many times I reboot or enter my Internet login. What's going on Roku???

Re: ROKU NO LONGER CONNECTING TO INTERNET

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues with my Express+  device. My PC, iPad and iPhone are all connected to my wireless and working appropriately. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU WORKED FINE BEFORE, NOW NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET,

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mstrauss1000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. All my devices are working fine but not my Roku. I have done a soft reset twice and our home network still won't show up on the Roku. It seems a lot of people are having this issue in the last day! What gives??

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mstrauss1000

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doc-D

Jump to solution

Might as well add to the list (3-3-21): Same Issue here. Have a Roku 3, neither Wifi nor LAN will work. Have a Roku Streaming Stick Model 3600m tried that same problem. Rebooted router several times with no luck "Unable to connect to Internet Error 009". Literally everything else in the house works fine (PC's Tablets, Phones, Smart TV).

I used Chat with Roku online support (Zzzz) was very polite and informed them what had been done already but still they were very scripted, the only thing they had me do different was make my phone a WiFi hotspot and using cellular try to connect the Roku's using WiFi (same problem). After 1-1/2 hours they said 'Talk to my ISP' , I laughingly said to them which one (Comcast/Xfinity or AT&T)? and that they just had me try and use my cell phone with same results. As well as the fact that more than one Roku device exhibited the same problem on either WiFI or Ethernet. Asked them if it's an authentication issue on their end (No the answer was). I did notice that the Roku 3 on LAN when failed showed an IP of 192.168.0.x basic fall back versus what Xfinity would have provided through DHCP that being 10.0.0.x. It's to bad there wasn't more flexibility so we could flush the DNS cache and/or specify the IP and DNS server, and before anyone asks outside of network setting I did also try cold boots on the devices and Settings-System-Advanced-Network -reset with still no luck. I also mentioned several times that a number of us were suffering from this problem and and provided the link within the last few days, a 'thank you' and no other response came back from Roku Support Chat, no o'h let us check on that!.

I did speak with Comcast/Xfinity support who were very polite, con-curd with the analysis and kind of raised an eyebrow. They went through and rebooted the router while observing things and acknowledged that both Roku devices were connecting Wireless and Hard Wired (Ethernet) and that something else with Roku was failing with whatever Roku did after that. Just for kick I slapped and Amazon 4k FireStick on the TV and what do you expect, it worked fine as well. Comcast/Xfinity by the way came up with yet another phone number (Corporate 408-556-9391) originally I used 1-888-600-7658 or 816-272-8106 which of course since the situation wont work and tells you to go to support.roku.com

Doc D.

Aurorave
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I posted having the same issue earlier this morning and have spent hours going back n forth with Roku getting nothing but frustrated. They just keep asking the same set of questions that we've all answered multiple times. BUT GOOD NEWS!! I reached out to my Internet provider and discovered my router was dual 2.4g and 5g. I told the AT&T support person the Roku problem and that Roku only connects on 2.4g. (I don't understand any of this lingo BTW but thankfully they do) The rep simply added 5g to my login name for that speed while keeping the 2.4g the same and...viola!!! I wasted a whole day with Roku and fixed it in 5 minutes with AT&T!!! Please give this a try and good luck everyone!

mstrauss1000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I actually got mine to work just by resetting my modem/router and my Roku concurrently. Even though everything else worked fine, somehow the Roku needed the modem/router reset to register my network again correctly.

set
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I typed up a response this morning giving all sorts of details on what I finally found & when I hit "submit" it went to a black hole in cyperspace.  Bottom line, I called the service provider, Spectrum & they were very helpful.  Turns out when Spectrum initially hooked up my service I had two lines one 2g and the other 5g and my electronics would auto jump back and forth based on the location of the device on the property.  The Rep from Spectrum checked and evidently when she removed the "auto" hop back and forth between 2g and 5g lines all of a sudden, my printers started working, my mail client finally opened the hatch and let email flow through and I just had to go back and try to connect each Roku within that app.  I did that and all Rokus started working again.  The rep agreed with me it had to something to do with 5g vs. 2 g (as a previous poster noted was their case) and once the "auto" feature was disabled, all devices began working again.  Thank goodness the iMac, iPad, cell and p/c never had the issue.  Hope all posting on this problem find a solution soon, as well.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having the same issues with others. ROKU NEEDS TO STEP UP and fix this.