Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tucker50
Reel Rookie

ROKU Express and ROKU Express+ NO VIDEO SIGNAL ROKU not connecting

ROKU has worked perfect on both TV sets for many, many years. Recently, I switched from Internet Explorer (phasing out in 2023) and installed Microsoft Edge (recommended by IE). Immediately lost internet connection to ROKU on both TV sets (Express and Express +). Both read — NO VIDEO SIGNAL in a blue line across tv screen. Have reset Internet router, both tvs and both ROKU sets; unplugged, waited a minute or two and plugged back in. TV screen still shows NO VIDEO SIGNAL !!! Called Internet Provider (ATT) and they can’t find a problem. Says everything is working fine from their end. I’ve gone back into my computer and made sure that my wireless service is “connected” properly to my router. The ROKU letters appear on the tv screen and begin bouncing. Then will connect to the ROKU main screen (showing Roku, Netflix, Zulu boxes plus others) but wont open or connect to anything in ROKU. Placed new batteries in remote. Have a blue dot on ROKU receiver … so it’s seems to be getting sufficient power. Have taken ROKU apart and reconnected everything from beginning per original instructions. Still NO VIDEO SIGNAL appears on both TV screens when trying to connect.  !!! What could have changed with ROKU when I switched from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge ??? As I mentioned, the ROKU home page will appear (showing ROKU, Netflix boxes, etc … but will not function). So I don’t have access to the ROKU CONNECTIVITY troubleshooters or anything else inside ROKU. The problem seems to be between the internet service, wireless router and the TV sets. Both tvs are doing the exact same thing —both display the ROKU homepage but it does not  function, remote won’t open or move around in ROKU and NO VIDEO SIGNAL appears on tv screen in a blue line across screen. Both TV sets are roughly 20-30 ft from the router.  Plus, I’ve been using ROKU for years in both tvs … and everything was working fine until I switched to Microsoft Edge. Don’t know what else to check or reset. Can’t figure this one out. Any suggestions ??? 

#rokuexpressnovideosignal
#rokuexpress+novideosignal

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Express and ROKU Express+ NO VIDEO SIGNAL ROKU not connecting

I'm confused.  You have both the Home Screen and a "No video" message displayed at the same time on two different TVs?  Changing what browser you're using certainly wouldn't cause this.  Can you post a picture?  Have you tried cycling through the TV's inputs?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tucker50
Reel Rookie

Yes … It is confusing. I can get as far as the ROKU Home Screen … but clicking the HOME button does nothing and you are not actually connected. It won’t go into ROKU and open anything — Netflix, Hulu, Roku, etc. Neither can you pull up any trouble shooting help, ie check network connections, etc. The Home Screen shows but does not function. The NO VIDEO SIGNAL on a blue line will appear on the TV screen as I’m trying to reset ROKU up from the beginning per the set up/install booklet that came with the original package. Simple to do … but something’s not connecting up with my WiFi connection. After using ROKU on both TV sets (Express and Express+) for many years, the only change was switching from Internet Explorer (being discontinued) and switching to Microsoft Edge on my computer (as IE recommended). I have gone back in and reconnected/selected my WiFi signal. Have repeated that process several times hoping it would eventually connect to ROKU … but it hasn’t.  Hmmm … but I did that using my phone to reconnect to WiFi. Maybe I should also reselect my WiFi connection actually using my computer … ???  That’s where Microsoft Edge was installed. I’ve checked dozens of things … including being sure the ROKU device is plugged directly into the wall. Think it’s noteworthy to mention that I remember having a really hard time installing ROKU on both TV sets originally. Wish I remembered what the final resolution was … but it’s been too long now. Any suggestions ??? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The "No video" message may show up when you first connect and/or power up the Roku.  It can take a few seconds for the HDMI handshaking to complete - that's normal.  Not being able to navigate the Home Screen sounds more like a remote problem.  I assume you have two Roku devices and two remotes?  Does either one work?  Does either one have a button on the back or inside the battery compartment?

On remotes that don't have the button on the back or inside the battery compartment you can verify whether or not they're working by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  Press a button on the remote and you should see a flash of light on the camera screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos