Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reo12

RCA ROKU TV stopped connecting to one internet hot spot. Error code 14.40

I've had this TV for 1 year. Always used my phone for the wifi hotspot. I used too much data last month and my connection got throttled. The TV stopped connecting to the cell phone. I though the throttled connection was the reason I could not connect to the cell phone for the past 2 weeks. I can connect fine with my wife's phone - same carrier. However the TV refuses to connect to my phone. Error code is 14.40 password.

I have reset the TV multiple times. I have cleared the password on the TV multiple times. I have changed the account name and password on the phone. I have unplugged the TV. I have turned off the phone. I changed the account name and password on my wife's phone to confirm I am not making a mistake in how I am connecting the TV to the cell phones.

My cell phone data reset so I now have normal high speed connection. I have changed the wifi frequency from 2.4ghz to 5ghz and back to 2.4ghz. Every time I get the same result. I can connect to one phone but not the one that has been used for the past year.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: RCA ROKU TV stopped connecting to one internet hot spot. Error code 14.40

Hi @reo12

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected Roku Remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos