Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andymc61
Reel Rookie

Poor wifi signal, all other devices are good/excellent

I see some similar posts, but they are all more than 1 year old.  New Roku Premiere that I just brought in November 2021 states wifi is poor.  All other devices are good or excellent, and even the Roku was normally good, no performance issues until recently.  I have done a factory reset on the Roku, and rebooted all other equipment.  Still poor.  Less than 20 feet to the router.  Disappointed in Roku.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Poor wifi signal, all other devices are good/excellent

Hey @andymc61

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos