Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Poor download speed but my internet is 400mbps

@Reitert3066 wrote:

My roku goes up to 12.0 down to 0.3 what's the best setting? Press the house button 5x then rewind button 3x then fast forward 2x the settings will come up just don't know which one to pick I'm computer illiterate pretty much

That setting isnt going to impact anything, but even if it did, you'd want to leave it at Automatic/12.0.

What is the particular issue you are trying to solve/overcome?

0 Kudos
NateTruth
Binge Watcher

So... Did anyone actually solve this problem? I only had Spectrum Internet 100. But since I take care of my mom, I have spectrum cable Tv because she's 80 and only knows how to look at guide to find programming. Anyway, this made me eligible for a free upgrade, and now my speed test exceed 250. Ever since this happened my wifi (neither 2.4 nor 5) won't stay connected. It has to be the speed increase. 

By the way. I've done all the resets and they don't work.

so has anyone figured out how to tell the Roku firmware that 250 does not = 1? ( whenever I do a wireless connection test it says my speed is 1, even though every other device in my house is registering above 250)

0 Kudos

Well said! I have the same problem with my Roku Ultra. when connecting with a Cat7 cable from a 300Mbps fibre ATT router I still only get around 90Mbps while all my other devices get in the late 200's.

0 Kudos
Idiots
Reel Rookie

Did this ever get resolved? I have exactly the same problem. Upgraded to 400 Mbps with spectrum, all other devices are blazing fast, Roku took a dump.

0 Kudos
Idiots
Reel Rookie

I feel your pain. I had exactly the same problem. 4 00 megabits per second download speed and Roku barely had one or sometimes it wasn't good enough to run Roku at all. I tried everything that was recommended. Roku company is of no help. I finally had to replace all my rokus with the 4K stick. Ridiculous. Ridiculous support 

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

I agree a different vendor is probably best choice at this point.  Not sure it would work or not but you could try using a cat4 (or poss cat5) Ethernet cable and see if that slows it down enough to make it happy again. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Idiots

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify which Roku model device you are were experiencing the issue with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Idiots
Reel Rookie

I have two Roku Express units model number 3930X. They are now sitting in my electronic junk pile at home as I head to replace them with 4K units to be able to access anything.

0 Kudos
Mac52

I have had a similar problem with 4 different Roku wireless devices in my home.  It seems that it starts after Roku does a OS update.  The only action that fixed it was to power down my router, not a soft start reboot.

So try un- plugging the router, wait for 15 seconds, and then power it up. You can then restart the Roku devices and re-establish network connection on the device.  

Worked every time on all 4 Roku streaming sticks.

MC

0 Kudos
F_ro_ko

You're  spot on. The hardware (mainly the wireless card) in Roku products are ass.

0 Kudos