Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mina1
Reel Rookie

Only roku won't connect to wifi

For some reason my roku won't connect to my wifi. The router is close to the roku and the internet is fast. I own 2 rokus, they were both working fine until they disconnected. No other devices in my house face the issue, it's only the roku. My wifi can support 5g and 2.4g. I went to the website for help and I followed all the steps but nothing worked. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Only roku won't connect to wifi

@Mina1 

You didn't say what Roku device you have. That's important. Model number will help. Settings > System > About

If it's a Roku Express model 3930, then the device is 2.4 GHz only. And if you have a wireless router from an ISP, and if the ISP has changed their settings from 802.11 b/g/n to g/n, then the Roku will have trouble connecting on 2.4 GHz band.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mina1
Reel Rookie

It's a roku express 3930X. How do I change the setting back to b/g/n

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mina1 

That depends on your wireless router. In general, there is a way to log in to the router, often via a Web browser using an IP address. That may be posted on the device itself, or you may have to do a Web search for your router brand and model number.

Once in, depending on how the menu system is set up, somewhere in all that is a setting for the 2.4 GHz band. Look for something like that, or 802.11 b/g/n or something along that line.

There is no set answer to that question. Your ISP may need to change it, if they've locked you out of the controls. I understand Comcast/Xfinity has begun locking down some of their routers that come with the unlimited plans. I don't have a Comcast/Xfinity router, as I have my own, so I have not used one of theirs in years. Even then, they've changed how some of them work.

If you posted your router brand and model number, someone here may be familiar with it, particularly if it's a major ISP.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos