Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jareg

Only Globaltv "channel" is buffering. All other channels are working as expected

I have a roku express.  Recently the buffering on Globaltv "channel" has been getting excessive.  As i have other channels (CTV, PLEX, Pluto, Roku etc) that do not experience the same issue, my assumption is there is an issue with either GlobalTV or the way Roku handles GlobalTV app.  

Multiple times Roku would give a warning that excessive buffering was detected and to check network connections.  After checking connection, there was no issue detected.  Speed and signal strength was good, and again, would confirm with a separate channel that no network delays were detected.  

Whether watching a "new" episode or an old TV series buffering still occurs.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Only Globaltv "channel" is buffering. All other channels are working as expected

Have you tried removing the affected channel Global  TV and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jareg

Re: Only Globaltv "channel" is buffering. All other channels are working as expected

I've already re-installed the GlobalTV app, twice.  

First time just deleting and re-isntalling.  

Second time, deleting, power down, and re-installing.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @jareg

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Global TV channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Global TV Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Kilroy902
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue after their recent update. Every 10 seconds or so it buffers for a second or two. Unusable. Did your issue resolve?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kilroy902,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry that you've been having this trouble with playing content on Global TV. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos