Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: One Roku connects to WiFi; other roku won't connect

Jump to solution

Hey @Keenacs23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more specifically about the issue you're experiencing? Please also provide us with the affected device's model number which can be found in Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Keenacs23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I use Comcast and the instructions of changing the router from g/n to b/g/n worked!

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
billfuller
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

no have not. been using xfinity apps, but if push comes to shove just hit settings network check connection then it should be fine. roku is adding new features and doing away with others,messy updates with lots of problems hope they stop this updating 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just be aware that Comcast might not allow you to change that setting yourself. My rented Comcast Gateway modem had me locked out of changing the mode or channel. I finally got fed up with them controlling it and changed the Gateway to Bridge mode and installed my own router to be the firewall and WiFi connection. That cured everything for me. Comcast can't touch any of my internal network settings, and I prefer it that way.

If you're locked out from making those changes yourself, you have to ask Comcast customer tech support to do it. Good luck convincing them. They never allowed me to change anything.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos