Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Roku Guru

[OS 11.5] 10/26 update and Alexa voice commands

Hello, since receiving the 11.5 revision 4235 update on my Hisense 55" tv this morning, I can no longer use most voice commands via Alexa. "Alexa, turn Roku tv on" and "turn Roku tv off" work fine, but commands that used to work before like "Change Roku tv to channel 6.1" or "Change Roku tv to Netflix" no longer work.

The "change Roku tv to channel 6.1", Alexa says "Tuning to 6.1 on Roku" and then nothing.

When I try "Change Roku tv to Netflix", Alexa says "Getting Netflix from Roku" I get "Hmm, I can't open Netflix right now." or "Sorry I couldn't launch Netflix".

As I said "Turn off Roku tv" works fine. As does "Turn on Roku tv".

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: 10/26 update and voice commands

Hello @jeffrok

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
namesorter83
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D I am having this same issue with both of my Roku Ultras ever since updating to Build 4235. Alexa will no longer wake the Roku up from sleep mode when I say "Turn on the Roku". I have to manually turn it on with the remote, and then I am able to use alexa commands. Please Help.

CC @jeffrok  

0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

1. model 55U6, s/n X0140046W0NE, device ID S0AD4186W0NE,  software version 11.5.0 (4235-CH)

2. Problem occurs with most Alexa initiated commands.

3. ID NE-430-570

4. It occurs anytime I try to use most Alexa Roku commands such as "set Roku channel to 6.1" or "Set Roku to Netflix".

Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jeffrok

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
namesorter83
Reel Rookie

Alexa no longer able to turn on ROKU Ultra

Hello, since receiving the 4235 update on my Roku Ultras (I own two of them in different rooms and am having the exact same issue with both), Alexa will no longer wake the Roku up from sleep mode when I say "Alexa, turn on the Roku". I have to manually turn on the Rokus on with the Roku remote, and THEN I am able to use Alexa commands after they are turned on. Please Help.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Alexa no longer able to turn on ROKU Ultra

Hi @namesorter83,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
namesorter83
Reel Rookie

Hi, this occurs just on startup. Alexa will no longer wake it up and turn it on (Alexa, turn on the Roku) since the update. I tried removing the app, disconnecting from Roku, and reconnecting and nothing seems to fix the issue. I think it's related to the update because it's happening on all of my ROKU devices. 

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X010001ENOKX
Software version: 11.5.0 • build 4235-C2
Uptime: 2 days 11 hours 29 minutes
Device ID: S02A21DENOKX

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @namesorter83,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know. 

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I note that with a Roku remote, pressing the Home key wakes the Roku up from its low power standby state. 

I don't use Alexa, but can you issue it a command for the Roku to go to Home rather than "turn on"?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos