Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Southland
Reel Rookie

OS 11.0.0 Build 4180-50 (3810X Streaming Stick+) - Check network option

Jump to solution

All of the steaming channels are unavailable on Streaming Stick+ (3810X) as of a few days ago, the same time that OS 11.0.0 was pushed on April 20.   When trying to load a channel, the message "Can't run channel" is given with a Check Network option.  Selecting check network just goes back to the home screen without running the network check.  However, when going to Settings, Network, Check Connection, it runs the check and the network is good (wireless connection).  I know the roku is connected to the internet because I can go the add a new streaming channel and see all of the available channel.  I tried to add one "TED" but get the error that channel install failed.  Also, the Featured Free option will load the available free stuff to watch, but I cannot load any of the channels.  I've tried the restart option without luck.  I've removed the roku from the tv and power supply, plugged it back up and it still does not work.

Streaming Stick+ (3810X)
Software version  11.0.0 - build 4180-50
Serial number  YH009H061000
Device ID  213129061000

Also, my sister-in-law called complaining that her streaming stick also quit working at the same time.  She has done all of the above in addition to using the Factory Reset options, but her roku still does not work.

Is this problem being fixed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Southland
Reel Rookie

Re: All streaming channels broken with OS 11.0.0 Build 4180-50 (3810X Streaming Stick+)

Jump to solution

My problem is now fixed.   On last note, I also did the cycle channel server a few times, but I don't know if that made a difference in doing the update.

This makes me wonder if Roku has a problem with their servers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All streaming channels broken with OS 11.0.0 Build 4180-50 (3810X Streaming Stick+)

Jump to solution

@Southland 

Looks like Roku is aware of issue and working on it.  @RokuDanny-R  is seeking info from those affected.

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/os-11-0-build-4168-91-quot-channels-could-not...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Southland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My problem is now fixed.   On last note, I also did the cycle channel server a few times, but I don't know if that made a difference in doing the update.

This makes me wonder if Roku has a problem with their servers.

0 Kudos